|| Our Community ||
Tourism/Recreation || Economic Development ||
- Strang, as one of the first settlements in Fillmore County, is home to several historical sites. The Strang Town Hall/Jail, Belle Prairie Township Hall and the District #36 Schoolhouse are all listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A fourth dwelling, built in 1893, has been placed on the D.A.R. Register.
- Strang's local 4-H Community Hall is housed in a former rural school house.
- Hamilton Hall is the home of the Strang Museum which contains many mementos
and artifacts of Strang's early history. The museum is open during special events
or by appointment by calling 402/759-0120.
- Strang's City Park is located along Main Street between Sharon and Racine Streets. The park is equipped with picnic tables, grills and hook-up facilities for campers.
- Pumper Park, a children's playground area, is located beside the ballfield.
- Elmer Messman Memorial Field is the entertainment center for softball and
baseball teams and fans of all ages. For more information contact Bubba's Anytime
- A basketball and tennis court, adjacent to the historic school, is always
open to the public.
||Top of Page ||Home||
Copyright ©1998 Nebraska Public
Power District. All rights reserved.